Reading and Reading Specialist Certification (M.A.)
Get started on your Reading Specialist (M.A.) and Reading Specialist Certification application here:
Reading Specialist (M.A.) with:
- Reading Specialist Certification
- A completed graduate application form, including a $55 non-refundable application fee
- A 250-500 word essay discussing your goals and objectives for pursuing admission to the degree program to which you are applying
- Two (2) letters of recommendation
- Official transcripts from all previous U.S. colleges attended or official NACES course-by-course evaluation of any foreign transcripts*
- A copy of any teaching certification (a list of your certifications can be downloaded on NJDOE website)
- Official documentation of English Language Proficiency (TOEFL/IELTS)
In order to receive the Reading Specialist Endorsement from the NJDOE, the applicant must possess a teaching certificate and have been teaching for two years.
*Note: NJCU does not evaluate international transcripts. In lieu of a transcript, applicants with a non-U.S. degree need to submit a course-by-course evaluation from a NACES Accredited Member that includes U.S. bachelor’s degree equivalency information for their coursework.
*Deadlines are subject to change.
This program is not currently available to international students seeking an F-1 student visa
We encourage you to contact graduate admissions with questions about our graduate programs, to get answers to your graduate application questions, or to schedule a visit to NJCU.
Hepburn Hall, Room 206
Phone: (201) 200-3409
Fax: (201) 200-2044