Online Course Support
Students and instructors that are looking for technical support with Blackboard and related tools are asked to first contact the NJCU IT Help Desk.
Users may also fill out the Blackboard Online Course Support form to place a ticket with the IT Help Desk that will be answered by IT or Online Learning.
General inquiries about online support or questions can be emailed to email@example.com
During business hours, you may also call the IT Help Desk at (201)200-4357 for assistance.
Other Online Course Support Resources
You may also find the following online course support resources helpful:
- Blackboard Learn FAQ: Find answers to questions that students frequently ask about Blackboard Learn.
- Download the Blackboard Learn Student Manual. A comprehensive online learning guide for students at NJCU
- Blackboard Learn's Compatible Browsers. Make sure you have a supported browser and that your browser settings are correct for use with Blackboard Learn.
- Blackboard Learn Videos for Students: Blackboard.com page dedicated to providing video tutorials for students.
- Blackboard Learn Help for Students: Blackboard.com page answering general student questions.
Contacting Your Professor
If you need help with an academic issue, you should follow the instructions provided by your professor. In most cases, professors recommend that students send a Course Message to them within Blackboard Learn. If you find it necessary to contact your professor by telephone, you may use the NJCU Directory to locate your professor's phone number. If your professor is not listed, you may wish to call the main number listed for the academic department for assistance.
Congressman Frank J. Guarini Library
The NJCU Congressman Frank J. Guarini Library has a full range of print and electronic resources to assist you with academic research for your online course. The Library's home page provides access to its online databases and "Ask a Librarian" services. Most electronic resources can be accessed from the convenience of your home computer. In addition, the Library has developed an Information Literacy Tutorial which is available to students within Blackboard Learn. Please consult the Library's home page for complete information about the services provided.
Pertinent NJCU Policies
Students in online courses are expected to comply with the student code of conduct as described in the Gothic Guide Student Handbook. Students using the Blackboard Learn learning management system at NJCU must also comply with pertinent policies including the Academic Integrity Policy, NJCU Copyright Policy and Related Guidelines, and the Responsible Use of Computer Resources policy. For further information, please see the links below:
- NJCU Procedures and Policies to Promote Academic Integrity in Online Learning (PDF)
- Academic Integrity Policy
- NJCU Copyright Policy & Related Guidelines
- Responsible Use of Computing Resources Policy